Join our team! We are hiring a Director of Marketing to help us amplify our brand
Primary Venture Partners is a seed-stage venture capital firm dedicated to delivering unparalleled support to NYC founders creating transformational businesses. By pairing meaningful investment resources with the largest portfolio impact team of any NYC seed investor, our portfolio companies have reached an industry-best seed-to-Series A graduation rate. To ensure that NYC’s best founders and operators know our story and consider Primary as the go-to resource for the New York tech ecosystem, we are hiring a seasoned Director of Marketing to help us amplify our story.
Our ideal Director of Marketing is an entrepreneurial marketing leader from the New York tech scene with 10+ years of operating experience. Strong candidates need to be creative, resourceful, intellectually curious, and ready to hustle. This role will be a trusted collaborator to the Partner team, and will own our positioning, our messaging and our strategy for how we build and expand awareness of our brand in the market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing our brand distribution strategy across all channels: our website, social, blog and microsites. This also includes devising tactics that allow for rapid response content.
- Defining and tracking KPIs for our marketing efforts, with a focus on increasing inbound interest from NYC founders and NYC talent.
- Designing engaging thought leadership initiatives that leverage input and perspectives from our team, our portfolio companies as well as our broader networks.
- Developing sponsorship partnerships that help to scale and fund our programs.
- Overseeing creation of key marketing assets and artifacts, including newsletters, templates, one-pagers and decks.
Our ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (a “stand and deliver” business plan presentation will be required for all late-stage candidates).
- A track record of developing integrated marketing programs and building online communities, with success metrics to prove it.
- Experience building sponsorship packages and business development deals.
- A passion for venture and NYC tech — you track the NYC startup market and have an incredible network in the ecosystem.
- Self-starting attitude — you are someone we can trust to build, execute and project manage our strategy for our brand. You will set firm priorities around marketing and branding and will hold your colleagues accountable to deliverables.
- Comfort managing digital marketing systems (e.g. Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Wordpress).
- Entrepreneurship and resourcefulness are in your DNA. Need to get an answer or get something done? You will make that cold call. You will ask for that favor. You will bust down that door. You do what it takes!
The compensation package for this role will depend on the specific candidate’s experience, but will be market competitive and will include upside in our fund.
Interested candidates should email a resume and 3–5 ideas for how Primary can better amplify its brand to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!
To keep up to date with Primary, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter.